FAQ-SMPSElectronic Security Surveillance
1. WHAT IS THE OUTPUT WATTAGE & HOW IT IS CALCULATED FOR POWER SUPPLY?
Output wattage is a product of output voltage and output current.
Ex. output voltage is 12V & output current is 5A.
Then output wattage will be (12*5)=60W
2. WHAT IS EMI FILTER?
EMI filter is filtering electromagnetic radiation emitted by different Electronic or Electrical devices.
3. WHAT IS LOAD CURRENT?
Load Current is simply total current
4. HOW TO SELECT THE CORRECT RATING OF POWER SUPPLY FOR CAMERA CONNECTION?
To start with one should know total load current. After knowing
for example totalload current is 12 A.
- Add 20% so it becomes 14.4A.
- So one can safely use SSM1215 i.e. 12V @ 15 A.
5. WHAT IS SURGE OR FLUCTUATION ON AC SIDE?
Surge means AC voltage going up drastically for few milliseconds. Fluctuation means AC Voltage fluctuating from lowers side to
6. WHAT ARE THE PROTECTIONS MICRO POWER BRAND HAVE FOR FLUCTUATION AND SURGE?
The entire range of
7. WHAT HAPPENS TO POWER SUPPLY WHEN IT IS OVER LOADED?
8. WHAT IS IDEAL DISTANCE RECOMMENDED BETWEEN CAMERA AND POWER SUPPLY?
The ideal distance recommended between
9. DOES QUALITY OF CABLE HELP TO IMPROVE POWER SUPPLY EFFICIENCY?
10. CAN WE CONNECT SMPS WITHOUT EARTHING?
If the SMPS enclosure is made up of
11. CAN WE USE TWO SMPS IN PARALLEL FOR INCREASING CURRENT CAPACITY?
Yes we can use SMPS with similar current and same voltage rating with the help of
diode ORing to increase the current capacity.
12. CAN WE CONNECT TWO SMPS IN SERIES TO ACHIEVE HIGHER VOLTAGE?
Yes, we can use SMPS with similar voltage and current rating in series to achieve higher voltage.
13. DOES MICRO POWER SMPS SUSTAIN OUTDOOR CONDITION?
No! Micro Power brand SMPS doesn’t sustain outdoor condition.
Get In Touch!
EL-15, Electronic Zone, MIDC Hingna Road Nagpur 440016 India.
+919765557594, 9765557595, 9986777799